This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Hungry for an authentic “insider” tour of Prague? Look no further because Eating Europe Tours recently launched Eating Prague Tours and its simply divine! With an urge to find out why this tour is consistently awarded 5 stars on Trip Advisor I joined them on a lengthy (but fantastic) four hour adventure into Prague’s history and delicious gastro delights as we discovered 6 of the best eateries in the city.
While I’d love to write an in-depth review of Eating Prague Food Tour (by far the best tour I have ever taken) I fear too many words would give too much away so here is a taster (get it?!?) of what I experienced. A tour such as this is better approached with as little knowledge as possible and an empty stomach!
Things I loved about this tour:
• Tons of Czech Culinary History
• Authentic local eateries – not a tourist place in site!
• Meeting the owner of Nase Maso with an explanation about why the meat is the best in Prague!
• Local native Czech guide who was friendly and answered all our questions no matter how strange!
• A variety of delicious dishes including savoury and sweet
• Small group size of 10 which allows for a more personal experience
• A good balance of walking and stops
• Plenty of local history stories and tales
• In-depth background into each dish you indulge in!
Even though I have a sweet tooth my favorite dish of the day was the Svíčková – a creamy sauce with Sirloin Beef and bread dumplings! Apparently its the queen of Czech sauce-based dishes and it was delicious! You can find the recipe here
As a local of Prague I knew many of the places that were visited during the tour (I love eating out!) so I was pleasantly surprised to be taken to an off the beaten track hidden cafe even I didn’t know about! This cute tea house cafe called S&I was discreetly hidden just off Wenceslas Square and they served the best mulled wine and Christmas cookies in a warm and cosy home environment. They even had a beautiful garden out the back too! Since I didn’t know about it – this was my favorite place on tour!
Believe me I could write a lengthy review post on all the different places you visit, the heaps of history and tales you hear along the way but I believe it would spoil the fun! If you’re lucky enough to be visiting the city of 100 spires anytime soon then Eating Prague Tour’s high class, great value and city and food tour should definitely be on your radar!
Disclosure: While I was a guest of Eating Prague Tours, all thoughts and opinions are my own and I wouldn’t be recommending a product if I didn’t truly believe in it!