Prague is a city that will probably be found on most people’s Bucket Lists and even more so on the lists of young travellers looking to save some $$$. Prague is well known as one of the cheaper destinations in Central Europe and luckily for you, Mosaic House offers a hostel accomodation with a five star twist. Its unique Eco-design and choice of accommodation options and fantastic facilities, makes it the best affordable luxury hostel in the entire city.
What makes Mosaic House so unique?
Mosaic House is a hostel like no other for numerous reasons. Not only is it one of just a few hostels in Europe to have such extensive Eco-friendly features, it is the only accommodation in Prague to go completely green, making it the number one choice for sustainable travellers and Eco-goers such as myself! Eco-friendly features include:
- 1st Water Recycling System in the Czech Republic – All greywater from sinks and showers is filtered and treated and reused for the flushing of toilets, cleaning floors etc.
- Energy recuperation from the Grey Water – Heat energy from the inflowing grey waste water of showers and sinks is recuperated and used to preheat fresh shower and sink water to about 25°C. It is the first system in the world!
- Solar panels – Used to heat fresh water for showers and sinks and run the electricity.
- Light – Energy saving light bulbs are used throughout the hostel and specially made automatic blinds ensure the sun is kept out of the room during the summer to cool the room (no need for A/C) and warms the rooms in the winter.
Why Stay At Mosaic House?
Mosaic House boasts a fabulous central location, just metres away from Karlovo Namesti (Charles Square), tram lines and a metro station that takes you all over the city. It’s lively atmosphere, funky design, facilities, friendly staff and variation of rooms make Mosaic House a place for everyone. Not enough? Here are some of the best highlights:
1. La Loca Music Bar and Lounge
Mosaic House is the only hostel in Prague to boast not only a great restaurant serving delicious Czech and International cuisine, but it also has its very own night club. With a full restored 1930’s stage, stained glass window and full service and stock bar, you can get the party started just steps from your room before you head out for a night on the tiles in Prague’s city centre.
2. Two outdoor spaces for relaxation
Mosaic House’s original 1930’s exterior can be enjoyed from two different outdoor areas. A funky outdoor urban garden at the front of the hostel makes for a great space to meet up with friends or bask in the sunshine. Its rear and enclosed garden is ideal for summer drinks and catching up with a good book or socializing and meeting new people.
3. Social events and awesome parties
If you’re travelling solo and want to meet like minded people then Mosaic House’s numerous weekly events will be just for you! From Electro Swing Nights, to drinks in the penthouse, to halloween and festive parties, beach parties and bar crawls!
4. Fabulous staff
Mosaic House has over 50 people working from a whole magnitude of countries from all over the world. Each member is dedicated to providing you the best experience in Prague, whether they are serving you a drink, making your food, checking you in, cleaning your room or passing on local knowledge to some of the coolest bars and restaurants in the city.
5. A wide choice of accommodation options
Mosaic House isn’t just your standard hostel. While it does boast a rather cool and spacious hostel with dorm rooms including a separate room for female travellers, Mosaic House also has standard private hotel rooms, luxury apartments and two stunning penthouses which happen to be my favorite!
No other accommodation in Prague guarantees you such amazing views of the city than the two penthouses at Mosaic House. So if you’re looking to impress or fancy an upmarket city break, Mosaic House is just the place for you.
So you want to book Mosaic House?
Click below to book with Mosaic House. Since you are a follower of The Wandering Wanderluster, you receive an additional 5% off your booking!